Friday, September 9, 2011

There's no escaping Facebook

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. No, I'm not talking about the Borg of Star Trek. I'm talking about Facebook. Lord knows I have resisted assimilation into that omnipresent collective with its constant "pokes", its "I Like"-invites, its largely pointless banter, and its hey-look-at-me-in-my-latest-kewl-photo photos. I know, I know, it's all harmless and good clean fun. It is indeed a good way to stay in constant touch with everyone you've ever known (with an Internet connection), from anywhere, rain or shine, day or night, 24/7, forever. And if that isn't enough, you can chat in real time, too. Which is what I just did with my sister moments ago. And you know what? I was kinda nice. Dammit. Resistance is futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment