Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh. My. Goodness.

Joe McGinniss sent advance copies of his book on Sarah Palin, "The Rogue," to three people: Andrew Sullivan, Garry Trudeau and Rosanne Cash (the songwriter-author). Trudeau leaked a juicy nugget in his Doonesbury cartoon strip today. It's even worst than I imagined. According to Gary Wheeler, head of Palin's personal security detail when she was still governor, Palin went shopping at Nordstrom's everyday, routinely came into the office at 10 a.m. and left by three. "You know what she was? A housewife who happened to be governor. I'd fly cross-country with her many times and she'd spend the whole trip looking at People magazine ..." The thing is, I suspect that Mr. Wheeler is exaggerating only slightly. I've long wondered when the proverbial "other shoe" would drop on Palin. This book (due out Sept. 20) may be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment