Saturday, August 13, 2011

Is Palin over? - Ctd

Andrew Sullivan is convinced Sarah Palin is not done: "My bet is she'll wait till after Levi's and McGinniss's books come out. And she'll leverage her campaign as a victim of the evil media. But I cannot know, of course. All I know is that Palin craves attention and believes she has been chosen by God to lead the nation. Bowing out of the race is the end of her fifteen minutes. My bet is she wants a few more hours." I hate to say it, but Sullivan's argument is compelling. But my bet is that she doesn't run. Instead, she'll slip into the comfortable shoes of king (or queen) maker. That way, she can influence the GOP agenda, stay in the celebrity spotlight (the rot-gut elixir she now cannot live without), and not get her knickers dirty. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment