Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The classic DC poseur

Michael Kinsley has long been a favorite writer of mine. In his piece for POLITICO, he recalls Lanny Davis, a lawyer, lobbyist and Bill Clinton sycophant extraordinaire: "Lanny Davis was special counsel to the president in the Clinton administration and a personal friend of the Clintons. He called me shortly after I got to Microsoft to say how sorry he was that we’d missed each other as I was leaving Washington and how much he hoped to stay in touch. Oh yes, and he felt terrible about all the bad publicity and unfair government harassment my boss, Bill Gates, was getting. He would love to give him some help and advice. Could I put the two of them together? The answer, of course, was that I couldn’t. But the odd thing was that, at that point, I had never even met Lanny Davis." Quite a piece of work, that Mr. Davis. The mind reels.

No comments:

Post a Comment