Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reporter taken to woodshed

IT WAS like a scene from TV's Law & Order. The reporter: "Why are you so damn unpopular in Texas, Mr. President?" Obama: [to the judge] "Your Honor, permission to treat this poor excuse for a journalist as a hostile interrogator?" Judge: "Granted, Mr. President." Obama: [to the reporter] "Look, bozo, if what you're telling me is Texas is a conservative state, you're absolutely right. But I never write off any states. I happen to love Texas. Okay, we're done." Obama: [now glaring at reporter] "Let me finish my answers the next time we do an interview, all right?” To which the startled reporter meekly nodded his head. Yes, I've taken some poetic license with the televised interview Obama had with a Dallas-Fort Worth TV reporter. But the last line ("let me finish") is a direct quote, Mr. Obama glared as he said it, and the reporter reacted as I described. Hopefully, Obama's admonishment will put the fear of god into any local yokel who deigns to go all pompous on the commander in chief. Good for you, Mr. President.

No comments:

Post a Comment