Monday, June 13, 2011

The nighing apocalypse?

Currently on Salon's homepage: "Kim Kardashian's own social media sex scandal -- A football star accuses Kim of cheating on her fiance by text message. Do we believe him?" In my fantasy world, the correct answer is: "Like, who cares. Stop wasting e-ink on this crap." But the real world, the actual answer will be: "Gosh, I dunno. Kardashian is HOT. I just gotta KNOW. Click." Ka-ching! Sure, the Salon story is harmless gossip designed to corral page visits. The mere mention of "Kim Kardashian" and "sex" does it every time. Still, why do I get this nagging feeling -- forever playing to the soundtrack of REM's "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine...)" -- that we're, you know, doomed as a civilization? Must be just me (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment