Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Seeing the world biblically

I knew Michele Bachmann was a lawyer (though it's hard to fathom that fact). I didn't know she matriculated at Coburn Law School at Oral Roberts University, a school "founded to educate the whole person-mind ... in the context of a vibrant Christ-centered community." Jon Chait noted that in a speech delivered in April, she remarked, "My goal there was to learn the law both from a professional but also from a biblical worldview." Hmm. A quote by William Blake comes to mind: "We both read the Bible day and night, but thou read black where I read white." Therein lies the root problem with a "biblical worldview" as applied to the law or foreign policy. But, whatever. I have nothing against ORU. They do what they do and it's a free country. Still, the ORU mindset explains a lot about Bachmann.

No comments:

Post a Comment