Monday, June 6, 2011

Palin paranoia

“I think [Sarah Palin] could win [the presidency]. She wouldn’t be my first choice if I were a Republican but I think she could win,” Democratic leader Howard Dean told The Hill in a Sunday interview. Andrew Sullivan (who is paranoid about Palin) wholeheartedly agrees: "The MSM have no idea how to handle her, how to cope with her, how to expose her. ... This is a dangerous, dangerous person." First, neither Dean nor Sullivan are savvy political analysts (both thought Hillary would win in 2008, and Dean single-handedly wrecked his own presidential bid in 2004). Second, electing Palin to the presidency would mean a majority of Americans are as stupid as she is. I'm simply not convinced that's the case. If it ever became the case, "President Palin" would be the least of our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment