Monday, June 13, 2011

'I Just Can't Quit You'

Alexandra Petri's take on the political media's Fatal Attraction to Sarah Palin (an excerpt):
I really thought I was over her. “Everything is fine,” I wrote. “I realized I could get by without it and stopped craving it altogether.” I started seeing other people. Michele Bachmann was fetching and seemed game for adventures. Donald Trump jazzed things up for a week or two. I exchanged promising texts with Mitch Daniels, but then things fizzled. Now here I am a few weeks later, pawing through Palin’s e-mails like some sort of stalker. “Did she mention me?” I exclaim, foaming at the mouth. ”She must have mentioned me.” ... Most of America, frankly speaking, is no longer even pretending to like Palin. She has an approval rating comparable to chopped liver. I know all of this. We [the media] all do. But we just don’t know how to quit her.
Funny piece. Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment