Tuesday, July 5, 2011

OMG! She's ... she's ... INNOCENT!

BREAKING: "Casey Anthony acquitted of murder." Needless to say, the media is in full breathless-reporting mode. Pardon me not caring. It wasn't easy, but I've studiously steered clear of this latest, made-for-TV, courtroom drama. Frankly, the intense public interest in Anthony is simply beyond me. I could at least understand the circus surrounding the O.J or Michael Jackson trials. But this? I'm not certain this case would even make the cut on Law & Order. Yes, the media did its usual part in hyping the case for all it was worth. And yes, that's a bleedin' shame. But that train left the station long ago. So it's pointless to rant about it. Although the trial-by-press had clearly condemned Anthony to the gallows, the actual justice system worked. The prosecution did not prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. And that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment