Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm not a Hobbit. I'm you.

Going all Witchy Woman on us, Christine O'Donnell also fired a shot over McCain's bow (see Lord of the Zings) in response to his diss. Like, how dare he criticize my campaign debacle after his "own presidential candidacy debacle," O'Donnell said tauntingly. "After that nightmare, McCain had to veer right so fast he almost got whiplash from all his flip-flopping just to keep his Senate seat. It doesn’t help him to attack those conservatives and Tea Partiers who graciously gave him another chance to keep his job." As Mediate noted, them are fightin' words. But since this is O'Donnell, there must be more. There has to be a Hobbit connection. Gotta be. And guess what? There is. Not only did she pen a curious piece in 2003 entitled, "The Women of Middle Earth," she later compared herself to Tolkien's "shieldmaiden" character. During a discussion, she said: "Look at the significance that he gives to Eowyn, the lady of Rohan. She was a warrior spirit and, to me, that's who I love ... I'm a fighter, like Eowyn." Well, at least she's got a catchy slogan for her next Kamikaze campaign: "I'm not a Hobbit. I'm you."

No comments:

Post a Comment