Wednesday, July 13, 2011

OMG! Was it a blow up?

There are any number of important issues that warrant serious media attention. And yet, what is getting lots of blog & press play this afternoon? Well, it seems that Wednesday's debt-ceiling talks at the White House were "tense." That's it. I mean, who cares about substance when there's juicy gossip to impart, right? Most tellings are a variation on this WestWingReport Twitter report: The GOP says President "stormed out" of the talks. The Dems say "Obama lit him (Cantor) up. Cantor sat in stunned silence." Cantor is House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) and lead negotiator. I look forward to reading about this intriguing episode when historians fully document what really happened. Until then, I'll simply avert my eyes from this latest car-wreck journalism and keep driving. But I wish that bozo in front of me would stop gawking and speed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment