Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh the Canine-ity!

I spent most of today writing and paid little attention to the blogosphere. So when I logged back on this evening, I was startled to see Tucker Carlson’s face on nearly every website I usually visit. The lefty blogs are mocking his absurd comments about Michael Vick. To wit: “I think personally [Vick] should have been executed.” Even the major newspaper sites are gossiping about it. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Tucker is (sadly) little more than a bow-tied hack. And everybody in the media knows it. Trust me – his remark “shocks” no one. So, what’s the deal? First and foremost, the faux outrage is perfect catnip for page views. (And yes, too many readers are that gullible.) That's the real reason the story went viral. Secondly, I’m sure Tucker himself is now busy fanning the flames. The instant notoriety will do wonders for his considerable ego and traffic at the Daily Caller, a whacked conservative website he founded not long ago. (As I write this, the lead story is: "SECOND COMING? DeMint says Palin has done more for the GOP 'than anyone since Reagan'." Get the picture?) Have you noticed that I haven’t touched on the substance of Tucker’s remarks (nor, for that matter, has anyone else)? That’s because there isn’t any.

No comments:

Post a Comment