Monday, December 6, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards

CBS News reports: Elizabeth Edwards, 61, the estranged wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, has been advised by doctors that "further treatment of her cancer would be unproductive," according to a statement from the Edwards family. A source told CBS that Edwards would "likely die within weeks and possibly days."

Here's part of her apparent "goodbye" note on Facebook:
"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces - my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. ...there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. ... It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know."
A tragedy wrapped within tragedy. But, alas, it is as King Richard said, "Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay; The worst is death, and death will have his day."

-----------------
UPDATE: Elizabeth Edwards, 61, died of cancer Tuesday morning, Dec. 7. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment