Thursday, October 7, 2010

Twitter-dee and Twitter-dum

This tweet from MSNBC host Joe Scarborough rolled into my Tweeter feed this afternoon (self-promoting, he re-tweeted it from a gushing fan):
JoeNBC Joe Scarborough
Yes I Can! RT @liberalchik watching MoJoe before i come to work gives me that "fuck off" attitude that gets me thru the day..thanks @JoeNBC
On the one hand, it's a witty quip from "@liberalchik," whomever she is (and I not sure I want to know). On the other hand, how did we get to the place where we apparently celebrate having a "fuck off" attitude? Just chum for thought.

(By the way, I chose the word "chum" deliberately [it means fish bait]. It's the new, hip, slang word being bantered about by the chattering class. Don't know who started it. Others include "it's how he/she rolls"; "refudiate" and "Lamestream media" courtesy of Sarah Palin.)

(By the way, I couldn't help myself. I had to find out who @liberalchik was. Her Twitter profile said she a "political junky liberal fighting the good fight in redneck heaven" in Oklahoma. Yeah, I deserved that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment