Thursday, October 28, 2010

'Til text do us part

Borrowing a line from the Twilight Zone movie, "Do you want to see something really scary?" Behold this recently compiled data on teen texting:
The Nielsen Company analyzed mobile usage data among teens in the United States for the second quarter of 2010 (April 2010 – June 2010). No one texts more than teens (age 13-17), especially teen females, who send and receive an average of 4,050 texts per month. Teen males also outpace other male age groups, sending and receiving an average of 2,539 texts.
Oh. My. God. Just sorta leaves you breathless. Safe texting is fine, I guess. Great way to communicate, I guess. And if you're a teen, it is sooo kewl, I guess. But still, this strikes me as ridiculous -- as in way over the top. Memo to parents: Um, what the heck are you doing? Apparently, not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment