Friday, October 15, 2010

Mad as hell

Like the movie character Howard Beale, Wine Country writer Mary Lynn Archibald is "mad as hell (at the media) and isn't going to take it anymore!":
"I'm totally fried with the endless repetition of political discussions, political ads and speeches and the overexposure of certain folks involved in that world, and it's only September. I already know who I'm going to vote for in November anyway, so from now on until then, I vow to limit my TV viewing to the Hallmark Channel, the Discovery Channel and the History Channel, with the occasional 'Mystery' and 'Nature' program thrown in."

"I just have to be sure to switch off Public Television in time to avoid those interminable political discussions and what passes for news."

"And let the voice of the people be heard, loud and clear, on election day."
Sing it, sister! Amen. Looking for something unrelated on Google, I stumbled onto Mary Ann's blog post. Ah, the joys of serendipity. She has given what may be the best advice I've heard all year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment