Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sully, about those beards ...

Anyone who regularly reads Andrew Sullivan's excellent blog (The Daily Dish) knows he has an obsession with beards. Well, one reader has had enough: "I’ve been a loyal reader of your blog for going on seven years now and rarely go a day without reading it. Until now, I have never mustered the courage to write to you, lest my ignorance on the issues you discuss be laid bare. But I feel compelled at this point to write and make a simple request: Please, for the love of God, stop with the beards. Just stop." Ha! The second half of his note is also priceless. I'm sure Sully, a good-humored chap, is delighted with the dissent (the fact that he posted it is proof). I'm with the reader on this one. Maybe I'll join him in dissent -- just as soon as I can stop laughing long enough to pen an e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment