Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sully drives over the cliff

For days, I've been rhetorically whacking Andrew Sullivan over his wrongheaded (and often sophomoric) arguments against the Libyan intervention. But I’m done.

Sully careened over the cliff with this post today:
“My exasperation and anger is not because I want Obama to fail; but because I want him to succeed. But the views of any blogger, or of the American people, or the US Congress seem irrelevant to this. We live in an empire, it must simply be conceded, in which the emperor gets to tell us, after the fact, that we have embarked on a brutal, bloody war against a madman who holds almost all the cards on the ground. God help us. I'd say the odds of Clinton making it through a single term as secretary of state have declined; and the odds of a primary challenge to Obama have risen.”
“Emperor” Obama? The president has an obligation to run policy by, um, bloggers? Hillary will be driven from her job early? A primary challenge to Obama? Wow. That must be some primo shit Sully is smoking. When Sullivan begins showing recognizable signs of sanity again, I’ll happily share his insights with you. Until then, I’m going dark on the Daily Dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment