Sunday, January 23, 2011

Positively Jared

Personally, I don't have much use for celebrity gossip (I get all I need on each visit to HuffPo -- whether I want it or not) or the websites that relentlessly spew it. But if you're going to bend an ear to it, then bend it like Jared. That's Jared Eng, the 28-year-old who founded the celeb blog JustJared. It's a runaway hit that easily attracts over 3 million visitors a month. More amazing, it turns out that Jared is a nice guy with no interest in wallowing in the icky side of celebrity gossip. "His is a snark- and judgment-free zone that treats celebritydom as a kind of never-ending slumber party," reports the New York Times. And that is the key to his success. "I don’t throw anyone under the bus,” Eng told the Times. “It’s all objective and/or positive.” And it's working. He expects to pull in something way north of a million bucks this year in ad revenue. Talk about the power of positive thinking. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment