Thursday, January 13, 2011

Age of Capricorn?

Whaddaya mean I'm not an Aquarius? Today, the Minnesota Planetarium Society blew up the zodiac, possibly along with the world as you knew it. Astronomers say there's been a one-month shift in star alignment due to a millennia-long effect of the moon's gravitational pull on the Earth, reports the Star Tribune. Long story short: We’ve been un-tethered from our zodiac signs. In my case, science says I am now a Capricorn. That means I am now responsible, patient, ambitious, resourceful, loyal, dictatorial, inhibited, conceited, distrusting and unimaginative. Except I'm not. An Aquarius, on the other hand, is witty, clever, humanitarian, inventive, original, stubborn, unemotional, sarcastic, rebellious and aloof. Spookily, that’s a near perfect description of moi. So, I'm keeping my Aquarius sign, warts and all. The universe can stick it where the moon doesn't shine.
--------------------------------------------
UPDATE: CNN says no, no, no – your zodiac sign hasn't changed. It reports the "tropical zodiac – which is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to – differs from the sidereal zodiac – which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East, and is the type of zodiac to which the Star Tribune article ultimately refers." So, relax. You don’t have to scrape off your tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment