Tuesday, March 6, 2012

He. Just. Can't. Close. The. Deal.

To the surprise of most observers (including me), there's a chance Mitt Romney could actually lose Ohio tonight to Rick Santorum. Even if Romney wins this Super Tuesday primary by a hair, the victory will be seen as hollow. I mean, really -- what is up with this dude? Anyway, I'm of two minds about this endless nomination race. On the one hand, the longer this thing lasts, the weaker Romney (and the GOP) will be in the fall. From my partisan perspective, that's good. On the other hand, I wish Romney would close the deal with his Republican peeps and wrap this damn thing up. That way, President Obama and his peeps will finally have a clear target to begin shooting at, rhetorically speaking. The earlier they can start, the better. But for reasons way beyond my grasp, Romney keeps flubbing the "Glengarry Glen Ross" A-B-C rule: A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing. And so, on it goes, round and round ... where she stops, nobody knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment