Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What Obama Should Do

Don't let the headline throw you. I detest those "what Obama should do" columns. But this entry from Andrew Sullivan (who’s on a roll today) isn't one of them:
“I know many want Obama to become a liberal partisan firebrand to defeat the crazed Tea Party rhetoric. I reiterate my view that this would be a terrible mistake, and a massive over-reading of the mid-terms. Obama has to recapture those in the middle, especially Independents (like yours truly) who really do want to see a grown-up in Washington offer a serious plan for eliminating the long-term debt. If Obama can do that - and fight for it more aggressively and specifically than he did for health insurance reform - a slowly reviving economy, bolstered by more long-term confidence, will win him a landslide (and save the country's economic future too).”
And I think that's exactly what President Obama is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment