Tuesday, November 9, 2010

‘McCainBlogette’

THIS is not a rant. For no particular reason, I started following the quick-witted Megan McCain (pictured at left) on Twitter some time ago. She tweets as “McCainBlogette.” And yes, she is the 26-year-old daughter of THAT McCain, as in Senator.

In a tweet Megan made only minutes ago, she wrote: “Finally made it to my hotel room in NYC. The 7th circle of hell is 45 minutes at baggage claim w/ no cell or internet service...

I chuckled and reflexively thought to myself, Jeebus – I don’t ever want to get to a place where I feel the need share *that* much.

But then I realized what a dope I was being for thinking that. Life looks very different to twentysomethings than it does to me now. I’m no longer 26 like Megan (dammit), but I remember how vibrant it felt be that age, a time I certainly took full advantage of.

And it is good to hold onto that feeling. Maybe following McCainBlogette helps me do that. Just thought I'd share.  :)

-----------------------
POSTSCRIPT: In one of life's delicious ironies, Megan's mother, Cindy McCain, and I were classmates at the University of Southern California. Just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment