Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nobody’s home

I ALWAYS have difficulty coming up with the right word to adequately describe Fox News host Sean Hannity. Liar, fool, delusional, brownshirt, clown, hypocrite, parasite, vainglorious, narcissist, psychotic, neurotic and just plain stupid – all rush to mind every time I hear his name. And those are just the polite ones.

Today, as reported endlessly by liberal media outlets, Hannity said Democratic “sources” told him that President Obama, Mr. Spock himself, has become "unhinged, that he is detached, that he's losing it, he's obsessed with critics, very specifically obsessed with Fox News."

And it gets worse, Hannity told his radio audience:
"He can't stand Biden, he hates the Clintons, the Clintons hate him, that the only thing he's passionate about seems to be ESPN and playing golf, and playing some basketball. It's the only thing that gets his interest. The President has ... a meltdown every time he hears about [more economic bad news]."
"I'm telling you my sources are reliable," Hannity confided to his rapt listeners.

Right. This, to put it crudely, is utter bullshit. And everyone knows it, including Hannity. I need waste no time rebutting him on the merits of the case because there is no case. And call me nutty, but somehow I don’t think Hannity is on the speed-dial of any “source” close enough to Mr. Obama to evaluate his mental state (which, I assure you, is just fine).

Yet, almost every time Hannity spews this nonsense, I ask myself what kind of mind he possesses. Then I pinch myself and remember that this ex-dropout (from two colleges), ex-general contractor and ex-bartender does not possess a mind – nor, it seems, a soul.

So, maybe the best word to describe Hannity is the simplest one: Crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment