Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nope, Na-uh, Not Evah

HILLARY CLINTON – who is way overrated, I think – always struck me as too much the Calculating Politician, a cynical wolverine in sheep's clothing, if you will. It is probably why I’ve regarded her with a certain tepidity, a certain wariness. That ambivalence turned into loathing during the 2008 presidential contest. I thought her behavior – guided by the Clintonian creed of winning at any cost – was appallingly selfish and reckless. Fortunately, Obama cleaned her clock anyway. My passions have since cooled, now reset back to benign tepidity, more or less. Intriguingly, Hillary told Politico she will not run in 2012 – or ever. If she stays true to her word, then perhaps I’ll consider some sort of rapprochement. But Reagan's rule still applies: Trust, but verify.

No comments:

Post a Comment