Monday, February 28, 2011

Countdown to meltdown

"I am on a drug. It's called 'Charlie Sheen.' It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off, and your children will weep over your exploded body," said the ex-star of CBS's "Two and a Half Men" during a bizarre interview on "Good Morning America." I could be wrong, but Charlie Sheen is displaying all of the symptoms of schizophrenia. The delusions of grandeur (he says he has Kryptonite-free "tiger blood"), persecution complex (everybody's out to get him), anti-Semitic remarks, denial of his substance abuse problem -- it's all there. It's a shame that the news media complex is cravenly exploiting his condition for ratings. As I've said before, we're watching a train wreck unfold -- live, and in HiDef. When is some responsible party in the media going to do the right thing and say stop? Yeah, I know -- I must be as high as Sheen for making the plea.

No comments:

Post a Comment