Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sweet surrender

Embrace the Twitter. Because resistance (for some) is futile. A passage from a terrific piece by New York magazine's Joe Hagan:
Brian Stelter, the TV and media reporter for the New York Times, has adroitly mixed news reportage with details of his personal life, tweeting links to his stories along with documentation of his efforts to lose weight and updates on his onetime love affair with a CNBC reporter named Nicole Lapin. ... Stelter, lauded among his peers as the future of tweeting journalism, says he can’t imagine life without Twitter. “I want to live in that stream,” he says. “So scary to hear myself say, ‘I can’t imagine life without it.’ ”
Um, what life? I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Stelter's confession. But Sarah Mclachlan's lyrics do spring to mind: "The life I left behind me / Is a cold room / And sweet, sweet surrender / Is all that I have to give."

No comments:

Post a Comment