Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Let Sally Ride rest in peace, Ctd

Apparently, I wasn't alone in my negative reaction to Andrew Sullivan's post yesterday about Sally Ride. To his credit, he writes today, "The in-tray and our Facebook page are flooded with dissents." A sample from one dissenter:
You list the numerous accomplishments of Sally Ride and then deride her for not having also fought for your pet cause? She hits 10 out of 10 on the lifetime achievement scale and you berate her because she didn't turn it up to 11. Good grief. How many crusades does one have to be on the forefront of before Andrew says, "Ok, I guess that's good enough."
The "pet cause" charge is unfair. Still, Sullivan remains unrepentant. That's worth a few points for grit, I suppose. Sully is sometimes quick to react emotionally. If history is any guide, I suspect he'll come around in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment